2.13.2004

and then she shows off

...just a litttle.here's my first decent-i-won't mind-if-people-can-see-this-now poem in a while.sa mga fans ko nagtataka kung may kaugnayan ito sa totoong buhay, sasabihin ko na, oo meron. sino yung mangga?eh di si tantaranan!hehehe.
contrary to what we've always been told during heights' delibs, the author is not dead and the writer is the persona in the poem.at least not in this poem.


at summer's end

She says this is the season's last harvest
and offers the largest pick from her pile.
I turn her offering in my hands,
pulp taut beneath sun-kissed skin.

I'll take three of the green ones, I say,
knowing the price is too high
for this moment's careless whim.
But I think of the mangoes,
a fragrant sliver
dipped in viscid pink paste
or glistening with saline gems.
Lips moistening at the
last morsel only memory can taste,
the next one, a shiver.

This is how I desire you:
from one summer to another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home